Hello Art Therapists!
I am excited to announce that our edited book, Complicated Grief, Attachment and Art Therapy: Theory, Treatment and 14 Ready-to-Use Protocols, is now available for pre-order on Amazon, with Jessica Kingsley Publishers, and other online venues where books are sold. The book itself will be released on April 21, 2017.
I still can’t believe that along with 23 other amazing practitioners, we wrote, assembled, and published a book, all in under a year! Let’s keep going!
Call for Submissions:
I am interested in assembling a new edited book on art therapy and working with the LGBTQ community.
This book will follow the same format as the previous:
- In part I, the first few chapters will be a review of theory, current research and relevant topicspertaining to the use of Art Therapy with the LGBTQ community.
- Part II will consist of five chapters based on the self-studies of art therapists belonging to the LGBTQ community.
- Part III will be five chapters based on applications in practice(case studies and/or working with groups).
- All chapters from parts II and III will require a clear cut protocol that allows another practitioner to replicate your methods and process–(to the extent to which it can be replicated). The purpose of this book is to be informative but also to be used as a kind of manual for practitioners.
- Additionally, parts II and III willfocus strictly on art therapy as a modality.
- However, if there are other creative arts therapists who are interested in helping me write the theory and research chapters, I would welcome your contributions.
If you are interested, please contact me directly. We can discuss what you would like to contribute and it’s format. I have a template and proposal form to offer as an outline and that I would like you to follow with respect to protocols.
Download Proposal Form here: contributor-proposal-form
The benefits of contributing include publishing credits on your resume, continuing education credits with your national credentialing body, and it also counts towards your continuing education contact hours with New York State (if applicable).
Please email me if interested.
Or you can also use the contact form below.
Deadline to contact me and/or submit a proposal is March 8th, 2017.
(The chapter need not be completed by this time).
Briana MacWilliam ATR-BC, LCAT