This wide ranging book on our therapy and grief provides everything and art therapist needs to feel confident in creating an effective treatment plan. It features 15 clear-cut protocols, outlining 4 -8 week curriculums for working with Complicated Grief, and explains the theory which informs the practice, including popular and evolving models such as Attachment Theory, Mindfulness, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Art Therapy Relational Neuroscience (ATR-N).
Suitable for a variety of settings and clinical populations, the book breaks through the analytical jargon of the field and provides first-person narratives of art therapists exploring their own experiences of grief and client case studies.
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers (April 21, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1785927388
- ISBN-13: 978-1785927386
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1 x 9 inches
- First book on art therapy and bereavement to examine the dynamics of Complicated Grief specifically, which was added to the DSM in 2013.
- Contains 14 ready-to-use protocols.
- Up to date with popular and evolving theoretical models (e.g. Attachment Theory, DBT, Mindfulness and ATR-N).
- Relevant to art therapists working across a wide range of settings and clinical populations.
Release date April 21st, 2017.